Accounting Assistant and Receptionist
Hi-Tech Fasteners, Inc. (HTF) has been a leading master-stocking distributor of fasteners, electronic hardware, and components for over 30 years. By building strategic and dependable customer and manufacturer relationships, HTF has steadily grown from a local distributor to one with international presence and reach. Through our distribution facilities in both the United States and Canada, we strive to meet our goal of exceptional service and “delivering the parts our customers need, when they need them.”
The Accounting Assistant and Receptionist is responsible for performing front desk and administrative tasks and assist with other clerical and accounting duties. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in an office environment and/or experience in basic financial and accounting processes and procedures. The candidate must possess a positive and professional demeanor and be capable of working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. This position reports to the Director of Finance & Administration, with a dotted line to the Accounting Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reception and Administrative Duties
- Answers incoming telephone calls and directs them to the appropriate sales representative or department.
- Sends daily companywide e-mail notifying all employees of who is out of the office.
- Ensures that all incoming and outgoing mail is processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains office supply inventory and places orders as needed.
- Provides general office and administrative support to all departments.
- Maintains a safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Handles customer requests for invoice and statement copies.
- Prepares customer invoices and statements for daily/monthly mailing.
- Assists the COO with new customers by running D&B credit reports and tracking related information.
- Assists A/P Coordinator with sorting, filing, and vouching of vendor invoices.
- Matches receipts to employee expense reports.
- Assists Accounting Department with sorting of documents, filing, etc.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Skills and Key Competencies:
- Professionalism focusing on customer service, organization, and being an overall team player.
- Must have excellent oral and written skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and manage competing priorities
- Possess an outgoing, friendly and positive demeanor.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at a time.
Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2+ years of office and accounting experience required.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Experience working with MS Office and ERP systems preferred.
- Pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Hi-Tech offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Paid Time Off
- Participation in 401(k) Plan with Employer Match after one year of full-time employment
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance
Hi-Tech Fasteners, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.