Accounts Receivable Administrator
Hi-Tech Fasteners, Inc. (HTF) has been a leading master-stocking distributor of fasteners, electronic hardware, and components for over 30 years. By building strategic and dependable customer and manufacturer relationships, HTF has steadily grown from a local distributor to one with international presence and reach. Through our distribution facilities in both the United States and Canada, we strive to meet our goal of exceptional service and “delivering the parts our customers need, when they need them.”
The Accounts Receivable Administrator is responsible for the daily tasks related to collection of assigned customer accounts, the posting of customer payments, researching customer issues, and the maintenance of customer data. This position reports to the Accounting Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collection Duties
- Maintain customer receivables by making collection calls and/or e-mails/correspondence and work aged receivables that are past terms.
- Provide excellent and considerate customer service regarding collections issues, process customer refunds, account adjustments, resolve discrepancies and short payments.
- Meet with Management weekly to review delinquent accounts.
- Maintain accurate cash collections notes and details within the customer database in the ERP system.
- Work closely with the sales department regarding past due customer accounts and other customer issues.
- Cash Posting and Processing Duties
- Post customer payments daily by recording cash, checks, credit card, ACH and wire transactions in a timely and accurate manner.
- Research payment discrepancies including analysis of issue source and working closely with other departments in the Company.
- Other Duties
- Assist with research and communication of any customer orders that are held; timely communication with customers and sales team are critical to ensure customer orders are released upon satisfactory resolution of past due balances.
- Assist with the Company’s sales tax compliance initiative and implementation with Avalara.
- Ensuring customer database is current and up to date
- Provide suggestions and ideas on process and workflow improvements.
- Provide analysis of customer accounts as requested by management, attorneys and staff.
- Maintain details of customer records in the ERP system (contacts, terms, notes, etc.)
- Any other duties as assigned.
Skills and Key Competencies:
- Possess the ability to handle large volume of transactions.
- Possess the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Possess strong organizational skills.
- Possess effective problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Must have excellent oral and written skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
Education and Qualifications:
- Associates degree preferred, or equivalent, relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of accounts receivable, collection, or related experience required.
- Sales tax experience preferred.
- Commercial collections experience required.
Hi-Tech offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Paid Time Off
- Participation in 401(k) Plan with Employer Match after one year of full-time employment
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance
Please send a resume to “HR@htfinc.com” or click the button below to apply now.
Hi-Tech Fasteners, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.