Business Development Associate
Hi-Tech Fasteners, Inc. (HTF) has been a leading master-stocking distributor of fasteners, electronic hardware and components for over 30 years. By building strategic and dependable customer and manufacturer relationships, HTF has steadily grown from a local distributor to one with international presence and reach. Through our distribution facilities in both the United States and Canada, we strive to meet our goal of exceptional service and “delivering the parts our customers need, when they need them.”
HTF is looking for a results-oriented and motivated individual to join its Sales team as a Business Development Associate. The Business Development role will be responsible for following up on existing quotes, opportunities, and customers within a given territory. This position will also become proficient in day-to-day inside sales tasks. The ideal candidate will possess strong sales, interpersonal, and organizational skills. This person must be comfortable with multitasking and working in a fast-paced, goal-driven environment. The Business Development position reports to the Director of Operations (DO).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow up on all open quote opportunities for the territory in a timely manner.
- Fill in for daily inside sales tasks as needed.
- Establish lasting relationships with customers and key accounts.
- Work inactive accounts in an organized manner to create new opportunities.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned.
Skills and Key Competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal, problem resolution, and team-building skills.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and manage competing priorities.
- Possess an outgoing, friendly and positive demeanor.
- Professionalism focusing on customer service, organization, and being an overall team player.
- Able to deliver effective results, meet tight deadlines and targets.
- Eager to grow within the Company.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years of sales, marketing or business development experience required.
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience in managing social media platforms.
- Strong experience with CRM utilization.
- Experience working with ERP system preferred.
- Strong computer skills – MS Office / Excel required.
Hi-Tech offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Paid Time Off
- Participation in 401(k) Plan with Employer Match after one year of full-time employment
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance
Employment contingent upon drug screening and background check.
Hi-Tech Fasteners, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.