IT Support Technician
Hi-Tech Fasteners, Inc. (HTF) has been a leading master-stocking distributor of fasteners, electronic hardware and components for over 30 years. By building strategic and dependable customer and manufacturer relationships, HTF has steadily grown from a local distributor to one with international presence and reach. Through our distribution facilities in both the United States and Canada, we strive to meet our goal of exceptional service and “delivering the parts our customers need, when they need them.”
Hi-Tech Fasteners is looking for an IT Support Technician to provide IT Support. You must be able to think on your feet and solve an array of Computer, Software and Hardware issues. You will be working directly with end users and all levels of management. You must have strong personal communication skills along with responsibility and integrity.
Your main role is to offer help desk support for end user applications and workstations by responding to daily IT ticket requests. Additional functional role is to support the stable operation of the in-house computer network and maintain in-house technology equipment and IT assets. This includes, installing, maintaining, and optimizing network hardware, software, and communication links while ensuring minimal network downtime. This also includes installing, configuring, diagnosing, repairing, and upgrading all corporate hardware and equipment while ensuring its optimal performance.
This position is viewed as one that could potentially evolve to include development and programming skills. This person will be reporting to the Director of Technology and Distribution.
Required Knowledge & Experience:
- Comprehensive hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Working technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Windows 10, Windows Server 2016.
- Extensive application support experience with Microsoft Office 365.
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Familiarity with Windows network environments, DHCP, DNS
- Comfort in an enterprise network environment and working in remote sessions (RDP).
- Understanding of Windows active directory and file permissions structure
- Understanding of Microsoft Exchange operation and troubleshooting
- Ability to operate network component analyzers, scanners, and testers.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Desktop Support and Administration
- Networking: 2 Years (Preferred)
- MSP: 2 Years (Preferred)
- Desire to learn the business / programming foundations of our ERP system (P21).
- Desire to grow business critical skills in Microsoft C#, Microsoft ASP .Net, and Microsoft SQL Server or Crystal Reports knowledge
- Advanced Excel
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Able to follow directions
- Ability to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Formal Education & Certification:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 3 years equivalent work experience.
Candidate will be asked to undergo a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Hi-Tech offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Paid Time Off
- Participation in 401(k) Plan with Employer Match after one year of full-time employment
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance
Please send a resume to “HR@htfinc.com” or click the button below to apply now.
Hi-Tech Fasteners, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.