Outside Sales Representative/Territory Manager – Midwest (US)
Hi-Tech Fasteners, Inc. (HTF) has been a leading master-stocking distributor of fasteners, electronic hardware and components for over 30 years. By building strategic and dependable customer and manufacturer relationships, HTF has steadily grown from a local distributor to one with international presence and reach. Through our distribution facilities in both the United States and Canada, we strive to meet our goal of exceptional service and “delivering the parts our customers need, when they need them.”
HTF is looking for a results-oriented and motivated individual to join its US Sales team as an Outside Sales Representative/Territory Manager for the Midwest US territory. This position serves as the primary owner of the customer relationship and is responsible for the management and development of both existing and prospective customers, with the goal of increasing revenue dollars, improving margins and diversifying product group revenue. The ideal candidate will possess strong sales, interpersonal, and organizational skills. He/she must be comfortable with multitasking and working in a fast-paced, goal-driven environment. This position reports to the National Sales Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and grow sales volume and profits within the territory through active engagement with prospective and existing customers.
- Develop customer relationships with the goal to increase revenue dollars, improve margins, and diversify product group revenue.
- Use effective pre-call planning, market information and scheduling to maximize new sales opportunities for dormant accounts and prospective customers.
- Identify and pursue additional sales opportunities in current and new product lines.
- Understand and keep up to date with industry trends and the competitive landscape through research and monitoring of external sources and analysis of current and prospective customer trends and patterns.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the Company’s product offerings and pricing structure.
- Utilize the Company’s ERP system and CRM tools for pipeline reporting, developing prospective customer profiles and documenting all sales-related activities.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned.
Skills and Key Competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal, problem resolution and team building skills.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and manage competing priorities.
- Must be a self-starter with a high energy level, drive to succeed, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Possess an outgoing, friendly and positive demeanor.
- Professionalism focusing on customer service, organization, and being an overall team player.
- Eager to grow within the Company.
- Ability to travel regionally, including occasional overnight travel.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of sales, marketing or business development experience required.
- Experience selling to contract manufacturers, sheet metal fabricators and/or plastic molders a plus.
- Good technical/mechanical aptitude with the ability to develop working knowledge of all products.
- Experience working with ERP systems required.
- Proficient computer skills and comfortable with technology.
Compensation and Benefits:
Hi-Tech offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Salary plus Commission
- Car Allowance
- Participation in discretionary, companywide monthly bonus program based on achievement of revenue targets
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Paid Time Off
- Participation in 401(k) Plan with Employer Match after one year of full-time employment
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance
Please send a resume to “HR@htfinc.com” or click the button below to apply now.
Hi-Tech Fasteners, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.