Product Information Specialist
Hi-Tech Fasteners, Inc. (HTF) has been a leading master-stocking distributor of fasteners, electronic hardware and components for over 30 years. By building strategic and dependable customer and manufacturer relationships, HTF has steadily grown from a local distributor to one with international presence and reach. Through our distribution facilities in both the United States and Canada, we strive to meet our goal of exceptional service and “delivering the parts our customers need, when they need them.”
HTF is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual to join its operations team. As a Product Information Specialist, you will be accountable for developing, maintaining, and managing the Product Information in our ERP system. His/her responsibility is to maintain content quality, to format, review, edit, and upload product content/Media into the ERP and Digital Assets Management Systems. This data is consumed and connected to consumer-facing websites, B2B/B2C e-commerce applications, along with internal ERP. He/she will work closely with key product information stakeholders, department heads to ensure product information consistency online and offline. The ideal candidate will have a technical background with an emphasis on business knowledge and analytical skills. This person will be reporting to the Director of Operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the review and revision of the inventory part numbering system, item descriptions, and cross references.
- Collaborate with the Director of Operations to create a proactive method for onboarding manufacturer product offerings.
- Responsible for auditing inventory-based characteristics and attributes to ensure item integrity and accuracy within the ERP system.
- Structure product data to ensure consistency and accuracy across all product categories.
- Collaborate with the Information Technology (IT) team to determine effective methods for searching and building items within our ERP system.
- Implementing a part number hierarchy based on the breakdown of the item’s key defining attributes.
- Collaborate with vendors to ensure we maintain up to date product and pricing information.
- Performing data loads and mass data updates.
- Managing the Brand Catalogs and ensuring data accuracy and completion.
- Perform system refresh, product copy, product export/import and new product setup.
- Perform daily health check which includes checking product information status.
- Control the addition of new part numbers within our ERP system.
- Acquire and organize drawings and other necessary attachments for eCommerce specific sales.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant product management experience.
- Required: High School Diploma or GED; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience as a Business Analyst, or PIM Specialist in an eCommerce, retail, or distribution/manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with a distribution ERP system required.
- Proficiency in acquiring, organizing, cleansing, and manipulating large amounts of data.
- Technical knowledge required; development skills not needed
- Strong Microsoft Skills, specifically Excel.
- Strong analytical mindset and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Self-motivated in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Candidate will be asked to undergo a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Hi-Tech offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Paid Time Off
- Participation in 401(k) Plan with Employer Match after one year of full-time employment
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance
Please send a resume to “HR@htfinc.com” or click the button below to apply now.
Hi-Tech Fasteners, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.