Hi-Tech Fasteners, Inc. (HTF) has been a leading master-stocking distributor of fasteners, electronic hardware and components for over 30 years. By building strategic and dependable customer and manufacturer relationships, HTF has steadily grown from a local distributor to one with international presence and reach. Through our distribution facilities in both the United States and Canada, we strive to meet our goal of exceptional service and “delivering the parts our customers need, when they need them.”
HTF is looking for a results-oriented and motivated individual to join its Purchasing team as the Purchasing Manager. This role will be responsible for daily managerial tasks as well as building and maintaining vendor/supplier relationships. The ideal candidate will possess strong organizational, budgeting, and team building skills. This person must be comfortable with multitasking and working in a fast-paced, goal-driven environment. The Purchasing Manager reports to the Director of Operations (DO).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily managerial tasks (reviewing PO’s, reporting, project management, etc..).
- Prepare and maintain budgeting for strategic product line growth.
- Establish consistent communication between the purchasing team and other departments.
- Build and maintain positive vendor / supplier relationships.
- Review and update daily processes pertaining to the purchasing department for greater efficiency.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned.
Skills and Key Competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal, problem resolution and team building skills.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and manage competing priorities.
- Possess an outgoing, friendly and positive demeanor.
- Professionalism focusing on organization and being an overall team player.
- Able to deliver effective results, meet tight deadlines and targets.
- Eager to grow within the Company.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 4 years of purchasing experience.
- Managerial experience.
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience working with ERP system preferred.
- Strong computer skills – MS Office / Excel required.
Hi-Tech offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Paid Time Off
- Participation in 401(k) Plan with Employer Match after one year of full-time employment
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance
Employment contingent upon drug screening and background check.
Hi-Tech Fasteners, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.